Class 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Class 4
A warm welcome to our class page. In our class, we 'Live in the light of Christ'. We are respectful, safe and always ready to learn.
On this page you will be able to find information about all our subjects this year and the learning we will be doing.
Topics for Summer 1
- This term, our topic in History Topic is 'Crime and Punishment'. We will be exploring how crime and punishment has changed through the ages and make comparisons.
- During our reading sessions, we have been exploring the book: Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls. This book is packed with 100 bedtime stories about the lives extraordinary women from the past and the present, illustrated by 60 female artists from all over the world.
- Our writing focus this term is Diaries. We have been exploring the novel: Queen of the Falls. This book is about a 62-year-old woman named Annie Edson Taylor who remembers getting closer and closer to Niagara Falls with her father, entranced by the sight and sound of the water. Finally, as a 62-year-old, she goes over the falls in a wooden barrel, seeking fortune and fame.
- In Maths, Year 5 are studying Decimals, learning to add and subtract these and multiply and divide by powers of 10. Year 6 are currently revising concepts in preparation for the 2022 SATs this term.
- Summer 1 focus in P.E is Dance and Athletics. Developing routine techniques, our skills in running and throwing and our ability to evaluate and improve.
- In computing this term, we are learning to use Spreadsheets and use formulae using Purple Mash. Children can access these via their individual log in at home to support and practise their learning.
- Our focus for Science during this term is Chemistry.
- In Art and Design, our theme is 'Every picture tells a story'. Children will be looking at: the meaning behind art; analyse the intentions of Banksy; make ink symmetry prints inspired by psychologist Rorschach; tell a story using emojis; use drama to recreate a poignant war scene and are inspired by the ceramic work of Magdalene Odundo, to work expressively outside.
If children would like to research or bring in learning from home that they have done based on our learning in school, they are more than welcome.
Homework is important for rereshing previous or current concepts in Reading, Maths and English. In order to strengthen children's knowledge, we set homework that will be scheduled and be completed by the designated time specified in the letter sent home. Children will be required to complete the detailed pages in the CGP books and hand this back in for teachers to check. Further to this, Home Learning Logs are another opportunity for children to explore other topics in a creative way. See Home Learning Log link below for more information.
Reading books need to be brought in daily and children should be ready to change them weekly to ensure children are making progression in their flunecy of Reading. It is highly important that they read daily to support fluency of reading and comprehension on text. Please ensure that parents/guardians write in their child's reading records and indicate that they have finished reading their books in order to change this.
SATs Booster Club
As SATs will be going ahead in May 2022, I have begun a SATs Booster Club that will take place on Tuesday's and Thursday's, 3:30pm to 4:15pm. We will revise concepts, that have been previously taught, in both Maths and Reading to strengthen knowledge and apply these in class. If you would like your child to attend these clubs, please speak to Miss Hall to find out more.
Choir will take place on Monday 3:30pm-4:15pm with Mrs. Windslow. If you would like your child to attend choir, please speak to the office to enquire about this.
PE will be on a Wednesdays and Thursdays so the children need to come to school in their kits known as 'PE Ready' day. Children will need to wear appropritate school P.E uniform which consists of black shorts, white polo with black pumps or trainers (if outdoors).
Thank you for your continued support.
Miss Hall, Mrs Driver & Ms Holden
Files to Download
Class 4: Latest News items
There are no Latest News items to display
Class 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Class 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Class 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display